Recycled Tag No.2

July 19, 2016 Sidelle Menon 10 Comments

Hey Guys!
So I'm back and today's post is a part of the recycling card series and I'm sharing a mini tutorial. So for today, I've used just one card to make the tags. Hope you enjoy the tutorial!

Step 1- Cut out four tags from the card base.

Step 2- Prep your base. Since I didn't have gesso, I used my modelling paste in a few places and also used a stencil with it. 
Step 3- I added color to the tags. I wanted to create two different color tags. So I added colors and DI's to highlight the texture formed by the stencil.
Step 4- Next I used a few scraps of paper and colored them with DI's mermaid lagoon and cracked pistachio. Once they got dried, I stamped different background stamps to give different patterns. Once they were done, I rolled them up into rolls.

Step 5-  Cut and stick the rolls in the shape of a tree. The last step is to EMBELLISH! So i went a little crazy here. I added sequins, a quilled pot, star on the top and drew snowflakes with my 3D outliners. And I added a piece of ribbon to complete the tag. Here are a few closeups.





Entering them for the following challenges:
               2)More Mixed Media-Anything Goes

                                                             4) Word Art Wednesday-Anything Goes
                                                             5)Avenue 613- Anything goes
                                                               Happy Crafting!




You Might Also Like

10 comments:

  1. CUte tags sidele and gr8 idea to recycle cards!!! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to recycle and reuse! And participate in our challenge at Crafty Ribbons! Thanks for playing along with us this week and welcome back!

    La Vikinga // Crafty Ribbons Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful set of tags and I love the creative way you created them. They will add so much to any gift!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope we will see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun project
    thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Recycle challenge
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these tags. Love the backgrounds on your tags, Love the rolled papers you used for your Chrismas trees. Fantasstic recycle ptojectQ Thanks for linking up and playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers July Mixed Media Challenge! ~ Stephanie L, GD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous set of tags .... and a great bit of recycling. Thanks for playing along with the Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great way to recycle...inspiring! Thanks for sharing! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete